Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Solids, Liquids, and Gases--Oh My!: My First Animoto

Thinking up ideas for my first Animoto was pretty tricky, especially considering that I do not have my classroom...just yet.  So as I was conjuring thoughts, a lightbulb flicked on in my mind when I decided to put together an Animoto on MATTER!  Solids, Liquids, and Gases is a wonderful unit I taught my second graders last year; I will have to pass this along to my grade 2 friends to share in class!  This Animoto would be a great introduction to the unit, and could be used for refreshers throughout the unit.

I tried to slow down the pace as much as I could, especially for the written parts added in the mini-video.  I, also, included 3 books I have used in the classroom for students to read and put in book bins, or I made worksheets that went along with each book.

Enjoy the world of Matter!:)


3 comments:

  1. This came out great, Gi! I liked how you gave a definition of what each 3 states of matter are, followed by picture examples of each. It really made it straightforward for the students to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great visuals! This is a great way to teach concepts that are typically a little more challenging for students to understand without the use of multiple visuals. My favorite part is that you thought to put the books at the end for an extension of learning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Animoto G! You're students will love it - thanks for sharing!

      Delete